eGrants: online application
The eGrants system enables applicants to apply for grants online. The system provides workflow to guide the applications through the necessary steps towards final submission to the Wellcome Trust.
The benefits of our eGrants system include:
- clear workflow
- clear sign-off process through the host organisation
- reduced administration at the Trust.
Most applicants for grants in Biomedical Science, Medical Humanities and Public Engagement are required to submit their applications via our eGrants system. However, Word forms are still available for:
- preliminary applications for the majority of the Trust’s funding schemes
- Technology Transfer grants.
Please refer to the relevant funding scheme information on the Wellcome Trust website for details of alternative application procedures.
Applicants who have limited or unreliable access to the internet should email eGrants Support - email@example.com - to request a Word form.
How to register for eGrants
If you haven't used eGrants before, here is what you need to do:
- make sure your organisation (or the organisation that would be administering the grant) is registered with us
- if you are not affiliated with an organisation, please choose ‘No Organisation’ when registering with eGrants
- register with eGrants and complete Your Details (this will include your personal details that will be used on submitted application forms).
Coapplicants and/or Heads of Department will also need to register with eGrants and complete the relevant registration process.
If you wish to register with eGrants but are not sure whether your organisation is registered, you can check the list of registered organisations. If your organisation (or the organisation that would be administering the grant), is not on this list, please contact eGrants Support for further information.
Frequently asked questions
You may find it helpful to explore our frequently asked questions for eGrants.
For more information, or to feed back any comments on eGrants, please contact eGrants Support:
T: +44(0)20 7611 8700