Hinxton Retreat meetings
The Wellcome Trust Conference Centre provides the venue for a series of Wellcome Trust-funded 'invitation-only' meetings to address areas of current scientific interest in an informal but intensive way. These Hinxton Retreat meetings have a growing reputation for being a very successful forum for scientific debate.
- They allow the discussion of emerging, forward-looking and exciting areas of scientific and technical interest, including associated policy issues.
- Each meeting aims to be the best overall meeting in its field - the name 'Hinxton Retreat' should be synonymous with quality meetings.
- They are invitation-only meetings for a maximum of 40 participants carefully chosen for each meeting.
- The emphasis is on a specially created informal and relaxed environment to encourage intense debate and discussion rather than a series of 'standard presentations'.
- To encourage debate and discussion, participants agree to attend the meeting on condition of a confidentiality clause - that no new knowledge gained at the meeting will be disseminated elsewhere without prior permission.
- No formal report for public dissemination is made, only for Trust internal use - the primary aim of a Retreat meeting is to inform Trust policy and strategy - instead a brief record of each meeting will make up an annual report for Hinxton Retreat meetings.
Should you wish to discuss with the Trust a potential topic for a Hinxton Retreat meeting, please email Dr Rebecca Twells – firstname.lastname@example.org – in the first instance.