Wellcome Trust funding
The Wellcome Trust already funds research that is relevant to the health impacts of climate change, including much of the Trust’s portfolio of infectious disease research.
Recent funding schemes, including the Health Consequences of Population Change programme, Animal Health in the Developing World, and the African Institutions Initiative, have supported relevant studies.The Trust has also funded a number of specific research projects to investigate the impact of heat waves, air pollution and UV radiation.
The Trust will continue to consider funding proposals through the usual routes; for example, work to map the spread of infectious diseases or to examine emerging diseases in animals.
Examples of prior Trust funding:
- Staying cool when the heat rises (news story, 12 February 2010)
- The Joint Environment and Human Health Programme (Environ Health; 8(Suppl 1))
- Malaria Atlas Project (press release, 25 March 2009)
- Malaria Atlas Project [PDF 72.1KB]
- Ticks and politics (press release, 2003)
- Livestock for Life (funding scheme awards)