Public Health Research Data Forum
A group of major international funders of public health research have committed to work together to increase the availability of data emerging from our funded research, in order to accelerate advances in public health. A joint statement of purpose sets out the principles and goals through which our organisations will work to further this shared vision.
News – latest Forum activities
- New research explores the opportunities and challenges for the use of data citation tools in public health research
- Wellcome Trust to commission research to examine ways to enhance the discoverability of research data
Joint Statement of Purpose
The Forum has its basis in a joint statement launched on 10 January 2011, with a comment piece in 'The Lancet' by Wellcome Trust director Mark Walport and Hewlett Foundation president Paul Brest
- Read the statement in full
- Find out more about the background to the statement
- Read ‘The Lancet’ commentary article [PDF 48KB]
Signatories to the statement include major public funding agencies, charitable foundations and international organisations.
We are committed to engaging as broad a base of funders in these discussions as possible, and the statement will remain open for other funding organisations to join as signatories and partners over time.
If your organisation would like to become a partner in this initiative then please contact David Carr at the Wellcome Trust: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The partners in this initiative have formed working groups that will develop joint activities to further the goals set out in the statement.